Hat Daze Co-Ed Volleyball Tournament
(Clarification—Must have at least one male in your lineup…cannot have more men than women on court at any time)
Saturday, June 16th at 11:00am
Lake Sylvan Park
(Bottom of hill across from the softball fields.)
$50 per team
Message Lori Rangaard to register OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by St. Peter’s School
Canby Cash Awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
All players must sign waiver the day of play. Anyone under 18 must have a parent signed permission form. Permission forms for under 18 can be found on the attached link, signed that day ,or found at www.schoolofstpeter.com.
HAT DAZE CO-ED VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT RULES
1. A team must have at least four players to begin play (examples: 2 men/2 women, 1 man/3 women). Teams of 5: 2 men/3 women, 1 man/4 women. Teams with 6 players may play with 1 man/5 women, 2 men/4 women, 3 men/3 women. No more than 3 men on the court at any time, and not ever more men than women on the court at any time for any team.
2. Serving order and position on the court shall alternate male/female; or at least not have 2 males serve in a row for teams with less males.
3. The ball can be hit by 3 women in a row. If all 3 contacts are used on your side, one needs to be from a female or it is a side out.
4. PLAY FORMAT: Grass, round-robin pools followed by single elimination seeded tournament, self-officiated, rules distributed at the match.
5. Teams are responsible for calling own violations. Be fair & be consistent. DISAGREEMENTS SHOULD BE REPLAYED.
6. Serve shall be determined by rock-paper-scissors at the net. First to win gets serve.
7. RALLY SCORING: A match is won by the team that wins the best of three games. The first 2 games of a match are scored with rally scoring to 21 points and must have a 2 point advantage. The deciding game (game 3—serve decided by rock-paper-scissors) is rally scoring to 15 and must have a 2-point advantage. Each team is responsible for keeping the score. The server shall announce the score prior to each serve attempt.
8. Two 30 second time-outs are permitted each team during each game.
9. A ball landing on any boundary line is in. DISAGREEMENTS SHOULD BE REPLAYED.
10. Good sportsmanship is required by all. No profanity or harassment shall be used by any teammate. Be honest in all calls to keep replays to a minimum. Excessive unsportsmanlike behavior will result in forfeit and loss of game.
It’s Canby Daze—Have fun!