UPDATED: Thursday, March 19, 2015
3 & 4 Grade - Mrs. Anderson
It’s hard to believe we are nearing the end of the 3rd quarter! The 3rd and 4th grade classes have been busy learning many new things.
3rd graders are reading a realistic fiction about the islands of Hawaii. They have also been learning about adverbs.
4th graders are reading a narrative nonfiction which gives factual information through true stories. They are working on using commas in grammar.
3rd graders have been working on memorizing the multiplying by 4 facts. Over the next few lessons they will learn about perpendicular lines, reflections, rotations, and translations.
4th graders have been learning about perimeter, area, and volume.
Our chapter in Religion this week shared the parable of the unforgiving servant. The students learned that God calls all of his followers to forgive others. We know God’s peace when we are able to forgive. It is important to forgive others with the same generosity God shows us.
•••••• Highlights ••••••
- Both classes will have a test on March 19 over the Corporal Works of Mercy!
- Health posters are due this Friday!!!
- We have started studying the Northeast states…3rd and 4th grade students need to have the capitals memorized by next Wednesday, March 25.
- We were the winning class for the Box Top Challenge…we will get an extra 30 minute recess this spring!
- The students LOVE using the IPADS for Math and Handwriting!
- The students enjoyed dental presentations this week from MN West students!
- We had ZUMBA this week in P.E.
- There is no school on Monday, March 23!